Saturday, August 22, 2009

nobody, nobody but you from wonder girls

I first heard this song from my eldest daughter Abie who is a certified Korean fanatic sometime in September 2008. She always watched the video on Youtube 10 times a day. I always get mad at her every time she sang it in Korean. I told her, "what a senseless song!", how could she understand that song? Little did I know that Korean song will be in the airwaves almost every hour in the local radio station now. What a phenomenal stardom the Wonder Girls acheved from the Filipino audience. I really cannot believe how this Korean song has invaded our local music industry. Even in my office, my colleagues would sing it with full of energy and passion. It reminds me of how Sandara Park captured the heart of the young Filipinos. It's so sad to think that Korean entertainment has made big waves here in the Philippines and so many Filipinos are dying to follow Koreanovela and its music than that of our own local shows. I cannot blame our people for liking Korean stuff because they are so attractive and very catchy. There is another famous boy band from Korea that would also make a big blow to the Filipino audience soon just like how it is for Wonder Girls. From what I heard from my daughter Abie, Super Junior will release their Album in September and I am afraid that our young citizens including my daughter will be captured by their kind of music which also reminds me of the F4.

No comments:

Post a Comment