Sunday, December 11, 2011

Time is near....

In a few days, my womb, where my children lived for 9 months each, will be demolished. I feel like my body is a private land which is invaded by informal settlers. And it's time that I have to get rid of them. What a paradox, my uterus as a vast area and myoma, the informal settlers. Now I understand why our government is very strict in the implementation of demolition. My OB Gynecologist is the government who wants to get rid of those informal settlers in my womb. She will help me clean up all the mess that was created by the squatters who comfortably stayed in the perfect place where God put my little babies. If they won't be removed my health is at risk. I want to enjoy life. I am still young at 43. I have a lot of dreams to act upon. If this procedure will let me taste all the goodness in life then, so be it.

I never felt scared or frightened, yes, truly...not once that I felt fear of being operated. I don't know why?Perhaps, the moment I learned  that I have to undergo  hysterectomy, I knew God was with me. I felt his presence and He whispered to me that "don't be afraid, my child....I ll be with you always....then I was assured that everything will be fine. I prayed for the right person, the place and hospital, the procedure and everything that comes with it. I asked God that He takes care of me as I undergo this battle of mine. I thank the Lord because in these times of uncertainties, I know He increases my faith. I do submit everything to God, whatever happens it's all with my Lord.

I read so much about hysterectomy http://insidesurgery.com/2007/01/total-abdominal-hysterectomy-uterus-removal/ and I had mixed emotions, sometimes I feel good about it and other times I feel disappointed. So much things I have studied about hysterectomy. But none of them had given me enough, I trust my doctor and all her companions. That way I would feel assured.

I am blessed to work in a company that gives a complete package of medical benefits http://www.rcbc.com/rcbc_visionmission.php. I am so grateful that I would not be spending for my hospital bills, if there's any it would only be minimal.

I know I would be learning things after hysterectomy. I would want to  embrace all the things that will come along the  way, whether it's good or not. It would be a new life. A good life. Even though a lot of not so good-to-hear notes about having hysterectomy, I promise myself to think positive. Go on with my life, and  be a better person that I can be.

All praises to God!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Edna. I read your post on Bong's wall asking him to pray for you. You're right, that will be another new phase in your life, the thought of the newness of which could give you tinge of fear of the unknown. And also, you're right...God will be with you in that journey,as He was and will always be with you. Continue to be a brave-hearted woman that i've known you for. I'll be keeping you in prayers, too. God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ate knell thanks for d prayers, the operation was succesfull I am doing good...God is really great!

    ReplyDelete