Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to my firstborn

I wrote this poem on April 29, 2006 at 11:06 p.m for Abigail on her 14th birthday but I cannot remember why I was not able to give it to her. But last night while I was looking for a file on my office computer I chanced upon a word document file name :"429". when I opened it I read this....

429

I feel the warmth of your embrace
Your breath put life on me
This is another phase of my life
A love that will keep my being.

I struggled to keep us together
Prayed harder to live to its fullest
A gift that will never be forgotten
It is you and I forevermore.

As time passes by, you have grown enough
Matured and intelligent
Blissfully gifted and
Showered with so many blessings.

You fought your thoughts
You defended your views
You stood by your prowess
Strengthened by your accolades.

Today, its another canvas to carry out
Perfecting the work of art and delight in it
Believing that one more miracle
Will come about.


Happy 19th birthday, anak! I pray to God that He'll strengthen you and be the best person you would wanted to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment